Monday, March 8, 2010

CHOCOLATE WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES


So...This is the first in the "Things I Bake on Tuesday: Monday Edition." Things have changed folks. I don't have Tuesdays off for the next few months sooooo it looks like baking will have to take place on Mondays.

Does that rock your world too hard? I hope not.


Here's the deal with this week:
I really love to bake. I'm also kind of broke - and by kind of, I mean REALLY F-ING BROKE! So I decided to take a bunch of ingredients I already had and create CHOCOLATE WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!!

You see folks - you don't need fancy ingredients to bake cookies a girl scout would envy. All you need is yesterday's flour, a half a bag of white chocolate chips that have been in your freezer for like a month, and a sweet tooth.


Until things get going (read: Until I become a HUGE Broadway star), and the checking account starts to grow, I'm going to be the most badass budget baker in the world...or at least on 87th street between 1st and York.



Want em?


Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies:

1 cup butter - THAT'S TWO STICKS PEOPLE! TWO!!!

2 cups white sugar - I used one cup white and white cup brown just cuz I'm equal opportunity
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 cups all purpose flour

3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 2/3 cups white chocolate chips


Directions:
MIX IT ALL TOGETHER AND THEN BAKE IT I'm kidding. Stop worrying.

Here's what I did.


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Fold in the white chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are set. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

4. While the cookies bake/cool, lick the mixing bowls clean. Go ahead. I won't judge.


3 comments:

  1. I ate a whole container of these little beauties today-they were delicious!

    You've outdone yourself again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you recipe. Simple, funny, easy to deal with. No fancy shmancy language to complicate things and make them more difficult than necessary. I look forward to reading more recipes...and I might just have to make these this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just made these. Scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete