Wednesday, March 10, 2010

This Happened Yesterday. No Joke.

My cookies were too sexy for my oven and they blew the damn thing up! No...for serious...we had an electrical fire the day after I brought you my Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies. Dems was sum good eats!!! Don't worry though, the team of Robert and Geoffrey handled the situation like pros.

It all went down like this:


I called over to Robert who was sleeping soundly in our bed a la Marie Antoinette. "Robert!" I said "The stove is smoking...like a lot!" Robert leapt to his feet. Well first he removed his fitted eye mask, which somehow always ends up dangling on his arm like a pocketbook come morning. THEN he leapt to his feet, ran to the kitchen and removed the lid of the stove. Sidenote: We found a ballpoint pen underneath. That's weird right? Like, how does a pen get under there? Neither of us have thumbs, so we don't bother keeping pens in the house. We wouldn't be able to hold them anyway. Back to the story! Actually, that's kind of it. The things stopped smoking. Oh...then we put the lid back on. It was now a lovely shade of poop brown. So I went to town with a spray bottle of bleach. Robert said that was a bad idea but I'm really brave! And I don't like stains. So...We survived. Thank God. It was touch and go there for a second, but we made it through. The only sad thing is that I'll never get to cook in my little kitchen again. Loretta, our dear sweet super (landlord, for all you west coasters), unplugged the whole unit. She thinks it was never properly installed. But I have a different theory. I think it happened because - and I left this out earlier - this morning, while trying to boil water, I spilled about two cups worth of water on the stove, while the burners were on. And then a cloud of smoke bigger and scarier than the one that is currently kicking ass and taking names on Lost, arose from the depths of the oven. Ooops.



Don't tell Loretta. I mean it.

It appears as though the universe is going to make this blog incredibly easy to fill by sending me minor catastrophes. What's next? How's that for incentive to stay tuned?

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! insaaaannneee! does this mean no PB&J Birthday bars!? :(

    glad you didn't die tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to worry, Erin. I move into the new place this weekend and the kitchen is my dream kitchen! That's a lie, actually. It's my dream kitchen for now. I have some bigger and better ideas up my sleeve for when I'm a multi-gazillinoaire.

    ReplyDelete